Carbon Ambassadors Course
June 18 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Gain a complete understanding of carbon reductions in 7 easy sessions
CLICK HERE TO BOOK For concessionary rates: CLICK HERE
What is it?
This new course from low carbon expert Mukti Mitchell gives you a complete overview of how carbon footprints work, the global, national and personal perspectives, the most powerful actions to reduce emissions and why these raise quality of life. Featuring special guest speakers Peter Owen Jones, Penney Poyzer, Satish Kumar and more.
Who is it for?
Councillors, sustainability officers, teachers, decision makers and individuals with a deeper interest, who need to understand the subject well to be able to make effective decisions and advise others.
What you will learn
- How the carbon cycle works
- The global, national and local picture and how Contraction & Convergence links these
- Key elements of a UK carbon footprint and the easiest and fastest ways to reduce it.
- What psychologists say makes us most happy and how this connects to saving CO2
- Focus on the positive benefits to individuals and how to inspire action.
- Unprecedented knowledge and experience from trainer Mukti Mitchell’s 25 years in the field
- Effective and inspiring communication styles
Dates & Course details
- 9:00 to 11:00 am on Friday mornings, May 28- July 9th. Cost: £79.00 for the full course or £15.00 for individual sessions.
- A Carbon Ambassadors certificate is awarded to those who attend the seven sessions.
- All sessions will be available for viewing on catch-up.
Mukti Mitchell will give the main course content every session, and will be joined by special guests.
- Carbon Footprints, introduction with Mukti Mitchell. 28th May
- Transport with Barbara Haddrill author of Babs 2 Brisbane. 4th June
- Shopping with Satish Kumar, author of Elegant Simplicity. 11th June
- Holidays with Peter Owen Jones, BBC TV presenter of Extreme Pilgrim. 18th June
- Quality of Life with Nic Marks, creator of the Happy Planet Index. 25th June
- Heating with Penney Poyzer, BBC TV presenter of No Waste like Home. 2nd July
- Food with Jonathan Smith, grower and co-creator of Farm Carbon Cutting Toolkit. 9th July