Carbon Ambassadors Live
May 6 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Second edition of the acclaimed live course – now 8 sessions. Includes contributions from experts in different fields.
This course from The Resurgence Trust and Carbon Savvy gives you a complete overview of how carbon footprints work, the global, national and individual perspectives, and the biggest things we can do to save CO2and how these can raise our quality of life.
The course features special guests from diverse fields who share their own experiences of low-carbon lifestyle choices and their insights on how to approach climate action. Guest speakers include: Mike Berners-Lee, author of “How Bad are Bananas?” Jane Davidson, author of “FutureGen,” Baron Richard Layard, author of “Can we be happier?” Satish Kumar, founder of Schumacher College, Kirsty Schneeberger from Climate Care, Paul Allen from Zero Carbon Britain, Rob Richmond, Carbon farmer and Lucy Pedler from The Green Register.
Course presenter Mukti Mitchell is a sailor, a carpenter, author of ‘The Guide to Low Carbon Lifestyles’ and founder of Mitchell & Dickinson period insulation services and Carbon Savvy. He is known for sailing around the UK in a hand-built eco yacht to promote low-carbon lifestyles, endorsed by the Prince of Wales and the prime minister.
What you will learn
- How the carbon cycle works
- Global, national and individual footprints and how contraction and convergence links these
- Key elements of a UK carbon footprint and the fastest ways to reduce it
- How individual footprints drive system change
- The five major lifestyle areas and how to save CO2in each
- What psychologists say makes us happy and how this links to saving CO2
- Why a positive, guilt-free approach is more effective and how to make it fun
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FULL PROGRAMME – Or go to the ticket tailor link on the right hand side of this page.